HOW TO REMOVE PRODUCT BUILD UP FROM HAIR NATURALLY ?
Scalp Build Up- Scalp build-up is accumulation of dirt on hair and scalp from various origins, including sebum (oil) production, dead skin cells, hair products, airborne pollution, polluted water, pollen, tobacco smoke and many others. This build up can affect the appearance of hair and scalp health.
What are the sources of Scalp Build-Up?
Sources of Scalp Build-Up- Sources of scalp build-up can be natural, environmental and use of various hair products.
Natural Sources can be sweat, sebum (oil) production and dead skin cells shedding.
Environmental Sources can be pollution, pollen, alcohol, tobacco.
Product Accumulation: Several hair products accumulate on scalp and hair. Some examples are: shampoos, conditioners, hair styling creams & gels, oils, ointments etc.
Consequences of all the sources are same.
Scalp covered by hair creates a unique skin surface microenvironment that facilitates microbial growth, leading to a unique scalp micro biome. These microbes use components of scalp build-up as food sources which fuel their metabolic activity, enhancing their impact on the underlying skin.
Growth of these microbes leads to scalp conditions like hair loss, scalp psoriasis, eczema, dandruff and seborrhea dermatitis.
In addition to this entire scalp build-up can cause:
- Redness on scalp
- Oily or Hard Skin
Scalp build-up can be easily seen or felt. But removing it is a task. After washing your hair if you feel that your hair and scalp are not completely clean then scalp build-up is the major culprit. Scalp build-up can just be washed away with your normal shampoo, especially if you are using one without sulphates.
Can Scalp build-up cause hair loss?
Yes, Scalp build-up can cause hair loss. Dead skin, oil, sweat clog your hair follicles and can cause folliculitis which leads to hair loss. Folliculitis causes inflammation of the hair follicles may result in infection. Severe cases of folliculitis sometimes cause hard sores which is very difficult healing resulting in permanent hair loss.
How To Remove Scalp Build-Up?
- Brushing your hair regularly: Brushing your hair regularly and de- tangling them on a regular basis helps remove and break scalp build-up.
- Do not brush your hair when they are wet as it leads to breakage of hair.
- When brushing your hair, be gentle. Brush from the ends up to your scalp in small sections, ending at the roots.
- Using an Exfoliator: You may be aware of using exfoliators for skin, arms, legs and various parts of body. But have you ever thought of scalp exfoliation?
There are many exfoliators available which helps exfoliate your scalp, but they do not help with conditioning of scalp and hair. What if I tell you a perfect solution, which will not only exfoliate but will also help condition and nourish your scalp?
‘Cerise Naturals’ Pre-Shampoo Hair Mask is a perfect solution as it contains lactic acid along with Argan, Avocado and Olive oil. Lactic Acid helps reduce scalp build-up, nourishes, conditions and improves overall health of scalp. Lactic acid encourages hair growth by delivering essential nutrients and oxygen to hair and scalp. While Argan, Avocado and Olive Oil helps in nourishment and conditioning of hair and scalp.
- Washing Hair regularly: Washing your hair regularly is necessary. If you have an oily scalp then you have to wash your hair every alternate day or on a daily basis. If you have dry, frizzy and brittle hair then you may wash your hair twice or thrice a week. Use a shampoo and conditioner that works best for your hair and scalp. ‘Cerise Naturals’ Anti-Hair fall shampoo is a perfect solution for your hair and scalp. This sulphate free shampoo is a combination of Procapil and Keratin and is based on natural ingredients like Bhringraj and Amla. It cleanses your scalp and hair without stripping off natural oils from your hair and scalp and it contains coconut and almond oil in it to condition your hair and scalp.
Maintaining your hair and scalp health is as important as your face and skin on other parts of your body. Following a healthy hair regime thoroughly will only help achieve healthy hair and scalp goals.