During winters temperatures and humidity decrease Warm and humid weather makes your hair big and poufy winters, just do the opposite. Winter weather can be harsh on your hair, making them flat and leading to issues such as dryness, frizz, and breakage.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you take care of your hair during the winter:
- Hydrate from the inside: Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Hydration is essential for overall hair health.
- Moisturize: Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner to combat dryness. Look for products that contain ingredients which are hydrating and nourishing like Cerise Naturals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo which contains Coconut Oil and Almond Oil to nourish and condition hair and scalp while washing your hair.
- Limit Washing: Washing your hair too frequently can strip it of natural oils. Try to wash your hair less often and use a sulphate free shampoo when you do. Cerise Naturals Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo is a sulphate free shampoo and is free from other harmful toxins which will help maintain natural oils of your scalp and will control hair fall as well.
- Deep Conditioning: Incorporate a deep conditioning treatment into your routine once a week. This helps to restore moisture and improve the overall health of your hair.
- Protective styles: Consider wearing protective hairstyles such as braids or buns, to minimize exposure to pollution, cold, dry air and prevent breakage.
- Avoid Heat Styling: Limit the use of heat styling tools, such as flat irons and curling irons. If you are need of using them, apply a heat protectant spray first.
- Trim Regularly: Regular trims helps prevent split ends and keep your hair looking healthy.
- Cover Your Hair: When outdoors, especially in extreme cold or windy conditions, cover your hair with a hat or scarf to protect your hair from the extreme weather elements.
- Use a Humidifier: Indoor heating systems can contribute to dry air, which can, in turn, dry out your hair. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air in your home.
- Avoid Hot Water: Wash your hair with lukewarm water instead of hair water, as hot water can strip your hair and scalp of its natural oils and contribute to dryness.
- Silk or Satin Pillowcase: Switch to a silk pillowcase, which is gentler or your hair and scalp and helps prevent any friction and breakage.
- Hair Masks: Treat your hair with a deep conditioning and nourishing hair mask which contains natural ingredients like Argan oil, Avocado oil, Olive oil and other ingredients which can help prevent hair fall and also helps in hair growth like Cerise Naturals Super Nourishing Hair Mask which is a blend of Argan oil, Avocado oil, Olive oil, Rosemary oil, Aloe Vera extracts to help deep condition your hair and scalp and helps in hair re-growth as well.
- Protect Your Hair Before Going Outside: Before heading outside into the cold, apply a leave-in conditioner or a small amount of oil to your hair to create a protective barrier.
- Choose the Right Products: Choose products specifically designed for dry or damaged hair during the winter months. Always read the label to know the complete ingredients list of every product you are using to know about the product and its quality and how it will benefit you.
- Regular Scalp Massage: Stimulate blood circulation and promote hair health by massaging your scalp regularly. This helps distribute natural oils and encourages healthy hair growth.
Always remember that everyone’s hair is unique, so it may take some experimentation to find the routine and products that work best for you during the winter months.